Floth has boosted its sustainability presence in Western Australia by relocating experienced Sustainability and Building Physics Engineer Gareth Clark to the ever-expanding Perth office.
Gareth said packing up and moving to Perth was a step in the right direction for Floth’s local sustainability presence.
“As a company, especially in the last two years, remote work is manageable, and works. But at Floth, it’s not about just being manageable, we strive for successful and effective coordination between all our services,” he said.
“Our strength lies in collaboration between all our services which is the benefit of having a local presence working in the same office as all the building services team. We provide coordinated, effective and cost-efficient solutions that best suit our clients.
“I also have a strong belief that face-to-face professional relationships with the project team lead to positive outcomes for the developments. We now have a permanent presence that is here to look after the interests of our Perth clients.”
Gareth studied Mechanical Engineering at the University of Queensland before securing an undergraduate Sustainability Engineer position at Floth Headquarters in Brisbane. He is a Green Star Accredited Professional, NABERS Accredited Assessor, CBD BEEC Accredited Assessor and an EnviroDevelopment Professional.
Floth stands out in comparison to other engineering firms due to our interconnected service with all disciplines.
Gareth added that “The integrated services and Sustainability approach ensures the best for the project. Sustainability is often criticised for the industries disregard of other services and cost whereas we push to consider both from the beginning,”.
Gareth and the Sustainability Team have worked on a number of large-profile projects across Australia, including:
- King Square Fremantle (WA) North and South – 25,000m2 office, which achieved 5 Star Green Star D&AB v1.1, and a 5.5 (North) and 5.0 (South) NABERS energy
- Waterfront Brisbane (QLD) – 125,000m2 office towers targeting 6 star Green Star Buildings v1, 5.0 Star NABERS energy, 4.5 Star NABERS water, WELL platinum and climate active carbon neutral
- 60 King William (SA) – 40,000m2 office targeting 6 Star Green Star D&AB v1.2, 5 Star NABERS energy & IE, 4 Star NABERS Water, WELL Platinum and Climate Active Carbon Neutral
- 130 Lonsdale (VIC) – 59,000m2 office, which achieved 6 Star Green Star D&AB v1.1, 5.5 Star NABERS Energy (6 Star with Greenpower), 6 Star NABERS Water, and targeting WELL Platinum
- Western Sydney Innovation Hub (NSW) – 29,000m2 office, targeting 6 Star Green Star D&AB v1.2
Overall, Floth has worked on over countless successfully rated green star projects, including a significant number of 6-star Green Star projects since 2005.
As one of Australia’s leading sustainability and building services/engineering consultancies, Floth strongly believes that all development in the build environment should not only be environmental responsible, but must also be economically sustainable.
For more than 37 years, Floth have worked on major projects in Australia and Asia, earning a reputation for technically excellence, commercially viable and sustainable designs.
With offices in Perth, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, and Jakarta, Floth has a strong and established presence across Australasia, that places Floth in the perfect position to help design your future.
Contact Floth today to discuss your sustainability needs with our experienced engineers.